Happy Friday of a 4-day weekend to be exact! PRAISE. Memorial Day weekend is like the official beginning of summer and so dang fun. Summer means different things as someone not on a school schedule, but it’s still fun to take some time to rest and enjoy the warm weather with your people. If you’re remembering someone specific this weekend my thoughts and prayers are with you!
I thought it would be fun to share a few random things you may or may not know about me – if you know these already then this is very boring and I’m sorry.
1. My dad is from Scotland – born and raised, accent, kilt at my wedding type thing, so my sister and I have dual-citizenship in the U.K/U.S. I take a lot of pride in my Scottish side and not-so-secretly want Ryan and I to move to London next year <— I casually throw this idea up to God regularly. Fingers crossed He bites!
2. I’m a biiiiig nerd in certain ways – I’m suuuper into history and can get lost in Wikipedia for hours. Documentaries are my TV/movie of choice along with ANYTHING from Masterpiece Theatre. Just to seal my nerdy fate, sometimes I get legitimately bummed that Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings aren’t real. K there I said it. Oh, also I cried when I first walked into Diagon Alley at Universal last year – anyone else?
3. I’ve got a really annoying sweet tooth – I’m literally never not wanting ice cream, sour/gummy candy, or a sno cone. I was really hoping to grow out of this, but I don’t think I will. Maybe someday! Ha.
4. I’m a pretty sensitive person – This can be a good and bad thing obviously. It’s sometimes hard for me to let things go, but it also makes me really compassionate. Sometimes it even makes me super dorky like when this IBM commercial had me sobbing. Don’t tell me that’s not the cutest thing you’ve ever seen. Don’t.
5. I’m wildly obsessed with dogs – Yes this is every girl it seems, but I’m seriously on another level. You can ask Ryan – my world stops a little when I see one haha. Just know that when we do get dogs (hopefully soonish!) it will be a huge moment for us haha.
6. “Sad music” is my jam – chill, indie music is my vibe and sometimes it sounds super sad, but it makes me super happy so I don’t know what that’s all about. Obvi I’m into my boy Justin Bieber, my girls in Fifth Harm, and anything Ariana Grande does, though.
7. I was a business major in college but I genuinely wish I were a dermatologist’s assistant. Maybe the real term for that is physician’s assistant. I love my dermatologist, I love the women who work there, and I think the skin is so interesting. AND they wear pink scrubs. So okay bye done.
8. I’m absolutely devoted to Disney – my generation was super spoiled with the greatest Disney movies. My favorite princess is Pocahontas – yes she’s a princess and she was real so it’s hard not to love her. Even though the movie is totally wrong and inaccurate it’s still the best. I actually used to watch Disney Channel every single day in college to take me to a *happy place* lolol. Also, Disney World actually is the happiest place on earth and I never thought I would think that until Ryan and I went together last year for our anniversary. Alright I need to settle down with this one.
9. I’m named after my (step) grandfather – Lee Walt. My name is Caitlin Leigh and my cousin is Olivia Lee. He was one of the greatest men and it’s an honor to have his name! It’s also really special to share that with my cousin since I’m pretty sure we share part of the same soul.
10. My happy give-away is when I’m singing a lot – not singing well and certainly not for people – just like around the house, in the shower, or annoyingly to Ryan. When I’m super super happy it’s a weird, automatic reaction. When we get dogs, they’ll get the brunt of it, unfortunately.
This was probably only halfway interesting, but I hope it gave some insight into more of who I am! I’d absolutely love to hear a random fact about you in the comments below!
Have a wonderful weekend and I’ll see you next Wednesday!
– Caitlin –