Holla holla for date night!
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, but to be honest, Ryan and I aren’t suuuper into it – we don’t do gifts or go to an expensive dinner or travel or anything. We do like the excuse to go do something fun together, though! We also can’t afford to drop hundreds on every date night so we like to get creative and try new places/activities -which really just means a new pizza place most of the time. We’re lucky enough to live in Dallas where there is truly SO much to do and see, so I’ve put together a list of our go-to date night ideas PLUS Dallas locations for my local Dal Pals!
The point of date night is to spend quality time just the two of you – no distractions – so here are my 7 easy date night ideas!
(I know I’m not inventing the wheel with some of these btw ha. You also might think Ryan and I are lame after reading these but I don’t care bye.)
1. Plan a surprise evening for the other person. Ryan and I sort of take turns doing this every few weeks (but to be honest Ryan is WAY better at it than me poor guy – my plans always fall through or end up being weird.) ANYWAY, this is such a fun way to surprise your person with a full night all about them. You get to spend the whole time together so it’s a win win. It doesn’t have to be complicated – you could take them to their favorite restaurant and dessert place or go see a movie. It’s just a fun and easy way to show your boo that you appreciate them! Dal pals: Go to The Pharmacy in Deep Ellum. It has the coolest milkshakes and malts (see above).
2. 10-minute snack game + drive-in movie. This one is so much stinkin fun. Go to the grocery store and set a 1o-minute timer. You each have 10 minutes to get your favorite snacks, pay for them, and meet at the front. Then go to a drive-in movie! It may sound simple, but 10 minutes flies by and puts weird pressure on you and drive-in movies are the best. Dal pals: THE BEST drive-in is called Coyote Drive-In in Fort Worth. You get to watch movies with the Fort Worth skyline in the background and it’s SO magical. Plus, since you’re in your car you get to be obnoxious as you want.
3. Re-create your first date. Okay come on, this is a classic right? Our first date was to a Rangers game so that’s a little complicated, but we’ve totally done it before!
4. Progressive dinner. Ryan is truly the KING with this one. Go to a different place for appetizers, dinner, and then dessert. It’s weirdly so thrilling and so fun (yes, food thrills me) – and stupid easy. It’s creative without being creative. Dal pals: Legacy West in Plano has the new Starbucks Reserve and Barnes & Noble Kitchen – both are SO good and there aren’t that many in the US so you also feel kewl and exclusive.
5. Dinner + Target game. This one is proablllyyyyy the easiest but still very fun. Go to dinner/dessert/whatever then go to Target and split up. Give yourself a budget of $10 each and surprise the other person with a gift. It’s so fun to sneak around the store and get creative with their gift! I’m always so touched by what Ryan gets me.
6. Get active with trivia, Dave N Busters, or Top Golf. We love to do dinner and then an activity. Ryan is truly obsessed with Dave N Busters which I find to be equally unfortunate and adorable. It’s fun to eat a good meal and then get a little goofy and competitive. Add a little romantic bet to whatever game you play to spice things up! Dal pals: The Top Golf in Dallas is right across the street from a Bahama Bucks! Get “wedding cake with creme and party sprinkles”.
7. Netflix + Chill. You can interpret that however you want, you feel? Order pizza. Eat ice cream. Put on Netflix. There isn’t anything better on a Saturday night. Somehow planning to stay in and anticipating it is different than it just happening out of laziness. I LOVE putting a night with no plans on the calendar. We’re in a deep Supernatural binge right now and we couldn’t be happier. Dal pals: Highly recommend Greenville Pizza Co. or Grimaldi’s Pizza and Andy’s for ice cream.
There you have it! Easy date nights that require very little effort. Now go plan something fun and makeout with your man!