IT’S RYAN’S 25th BIRTHDAY!
Ryan couldn’t care less about his birthday – I think he wouldn’t care if birthdays weren’t celebrated at all. 25 is a BIG DEAL though and today he is definitely going to be celebrated! He’s also getting his blog introduction – today is all about you, dude!
A little intro on how we met. We met in high school at church when I was 16 and he was 17. We were “just friends” for a few months, but by the time he turned 18 we were big time crushin’ on each other. Our first date was a few weeks later on April 27, 2010. We flirted for a few months and eventually had a full-on summer romance. It was the cutest, most magical summer. We look back on that summer as some of the sweetest time we’ve spent together. He totally swept me on my feet and I still get goosebumps thinking about it.
We ended up never officially dating and he went to college at the end of the summer. Things ended pretty rough since we both had A LOT of growing up to do. We remained “friends” and went back and forth liking each other but never at the same time? We never lived in the same city but would have movie-moment meetups when our friend group was in town for school breaks. It was a saga to say the least.
We ended up (finally!) officially dating during my junior year and his senior year – never living in the same city until we were engaged because why make our relationship simple?
After this we may or may not have broken up at some point, BUT we ended up getting engaged in December of 2014 and married on October 10, 2015. *HEART EYES*
Growing up we both prayed for a big relationship. We wanted it to be extraordinary and WOW did God deliver.
Now that you know a little bit about our story, I want to tell you all about my guy!
He’s got the best sense of humor (see my Instastories for proof – he can be a real
weirdo freak), he’s incredibly thoughtful, and he really loves the Lord. He’s given me the most fun and exciting life I could’ve dreamed of and I’m thankful for it everyday.
Here are 25 other reasons why I love you, RT:
- You love God and try to honor Him with your life. (number one thing, ladies!)
- You love your family and respect them a lot – love you Taylor Gang!
- You’re a great friend and really loyal to your people.
- You are the MOST handsome man, good grief. That GQ face. That bod.
- When you realize you’re dragging out a joke too long and you just look at me out of the corner of your eye. (this happens every day lolololol)
- You’re always down for adventures!
- You have the besttttt style and this really
coolhot confidence about you.
- You encourage my dreams and help me fight for them.
- You’re a touch OCD (like actually) and kind of try to hide it, but I love catching it, though!
- You’re as obsessed with dogs as I am.
- You’re not content with living an average life.
- You’ve actively tried to learn how to love me better as a husband and a friend.
- That hot ginger beard. (YASS).
- You’ll give me a precious ginger family someday (enter The Weasleys).
- You ride the line of being hilarious and insane/annoying and it’s perfect.
- You love me through my anxiety.
- When you do something embarrassing and just say, “Oops.”
- When you call me, “Buuuuurl.”
- You’ve (pretty much) learned how to read my moods and know how to handle them. V sorry about that.
- You’re really really forgiving. ^See number 19.
- You’re always down for a good Netflix veg.
- You’re a natural leader.
- You’re the most thoughtful gift giver.
- You get super hyper/talkative right before we go to sleep.
- YOU’RE THE BEST HUSBAND EVS BABE!
Wowowowow lots of love for ya dude. It’s been such a fun and wild ride filled with some really tough moments and a lot of really beautiful moments. My heart is bursting with gratitude today.
We’re off to Austin this weekend with Ryan’s parents! ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND! Go kiss your significant other!
Thanks so much for reading and letting me obsess over my guy today!
P.S. There are a bunch of throwback pictures below if you care! (talking to you parents)
– Caitlin –